Sunday, February 15, 2009

A little place called home: My neighborhood Hirakata



The river and streams around my neighborhood are one of the best parts of living in Hirakata. They change and mold depending on the weather and conditions. This picture was taken the day after a heavy rainstorm so it is moving swiftly. The neighborhoods around the river respect it in such a way that I think is uncommon around the world. Never do I see litter and food waste going downstream. The river is a place where fathers take their sons on weekends so they can spend time togehter enjoying the river. The river is much more then just some water in the town, it is tranquilty and beauty enhancing Hirakata.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to read more about neighborhood interactions at the river. You have never seen litter in the river? Wow. I have a small stream behind my house and there is quite often litter flowing along with the water. Very disturbing especially now with all the cherry blossoms...

    ReplyDelete