Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quiet little nooks: My neighborhood Hirakata




I enjoy the secluded corners of my old Japanese neighborhood. I have observed that the Japanese have opaque windows and shutters. I would gather because their is not much privacy when your living situation is much like the above image. This particular scene I find to be a true representation of a Japanese neighborhood. The skyscraper in the background is a aspect of Japanese neighborhoods. Japan, I believe, does no have many zoning laws. Neighborhoods end up in the middle of business districts and on the edge of shopping centers. Graveyards end up between company buildings and neighborhoods. The houses have very little space to park because land is so expensive. My neighborhood is a cozy Japanese neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, zoning laws if they do exist are quite strange. I'd like to read more about the coziness of your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete